Apple Pay Cash allows iOS users to send and receive payments between devices using the Messages app. To use Apple Pay Cash you need to be running iOS 11.2 or later and have the peer-to-peer service enabled in the Wallet app.
You can follow these steps to send and receive payments on your iPad, iPod touch (sixth-generation) and iPhone after setting up Apple Pay Cash on your device.
- Open the Messages app on your device and select a contact to open a message thread.
- Tap the Message App Store icon.
- Tap the Apple Cash Pay icon.
- Enter the amount and select Request or Pay. You can enter the amount by using the + or - buttons or tap the "Show Keypad" option.
- Tap the black arrow to send the request or payment.
Payments sent will be deducted from your connected debit/credit card or Apple Pay Cash balance. There is a 3% service charge for all credit card transactions. Debit cards transactions are free. Payments received will be added to your Apple Pay Cash balance. You can transfer money received to your connected bank account at any time.