Apple has relatively ignored the iPad in the last few major iOS updates. Most of the new features introduced in iOS 9 and iOS 10 were more geared towards iPhone owners. This makes sense due to slumping tablet sales, but the iPad has seen a bit of a resurgence in the last few months. There was a slight bump in iPad sales last quarter, and this year Apple refreshed its tablet lineup with a couple of updated models and a new 10-inch Pro version.
iOS 11 will also show the iPad some love featuring several new iPad-specific features, like improved multitasking and files.
On Thursday, Apple released six new videos highlighting the upcoming iPad features in iOS 11. The videos include:
- How to harness the power of the new Dock
- How to manage and fly through your files
- How to get more things done more quickly with multitasking
- How to effortlessly scan, sign, and send a document
- How to mark stuff up with Apple Pencil
- How to get the most out of your hands
Each video is about a minute long and explains what you will need (i.e. your hands, iPad, Apple Pencil) to perform a specific task in iOS 11 before demonstrating the new feature. You can watch the videos on Apple's YouTube channel or posted above and below.
Apple recently released a mini-movie starring Dwayne Johnson and Siri.
iOS 11 will be available sometime this fall.