Downloading third-party apps on the fourth-generation Apple TV is a lot like downloading apps on your iPad or iPhone. You can now install and delete apps like you do on any iOS device, and you can also force-quit apps that are giving you trouble. Here's how to force an app to quit on the Apple TV 4:
1. Push the Home button on your Siri Remote to return to the Home screen on your Apple TV.
2. Double tap the Home button like you would on your iPad or iPhone to open the App Switcher.
3. Find the app you want by swiping left or right using the touch surface of the Siri Remote.
4. Swipe up on your Siri Remote when the correct app is highlighted.
5. Press the Home button to close the App Switcher and return to the Home screen.